University of Oulu prepares to organize autumn studies on campuses – Summer studies remotely
With this decision on autumn studies, the University of Oulu wants to support the well-being of students and teachers. The university wants to give the opportunity especially for first- and second-year students to study and meet each other on campuses.
However, the development of the corona epidemic is constantly monitored and for autumn studies, there are also preparations for distance education in all studies. In particular, if a course would be inconvenient to re-plan in changing circumstances, it is worthwhile to organize it primarily remotely. Online, blended and hybrid modes of teaching can be used in situations where it is pedagogically meaningful.
The situation is re-evaluated constantly on the basis of the recommendations and orders given by the Regional State Administrative Agency AVI.
Student, how are you?
We would like to thank all our students for complying with the recommendations. We hope you have will to meet the recommendations also in the future. In that way we will take care of those who need our protection and we can meet each other sooner again on campuses.
It's important that you ask for help if you are feeling bad, you are struggling with your studies or your direction for the future is missing. You won't be left alone, and there are many types of support for the challenges of life and studies:
- Check tips for studying at home
- Your personal tutor teacher is your adviser who supports you in matters related to your studies and planning them.
- Academic Affairs Service Teams answer all kinds of questions related to studying and education in their field of education.
- Study Psychologists offer guidance on matters pertaining to study skills, time use, coping and stress or performance anxiety, for example. You can also join the Moodle Study skills course held by study psychologists.
- Study and career counsellors offer support in matters involving your future path or working life issues.
- You can get help for your health issues and illnesses from FSHS. Also check out the various preventive materials of FSHS and the Self online service.
- Student Union of the University of Oulu OYY offers a wide range of services and counselling. You can find like-minded people and new inspiration for your free-time activities from interest societies.
- Nyyti ry offers peer support to support students’ mental health and ability to study.