Graduation of doctoral degree
Applying for the degree certificate
You may apply for the degree certificate in Peppi's graduation service. Fill in the application as soon as your thesis has been approved, if you wish to have the degree on the next possible graduation day (see dates below).
1. Log in to Peppi.
2. Check your PSP and make sure that you have completed the studies required for your degree (20-50 credits depending on the degree programme). Please contact the Graduate School (uniogs(at)oulu.fi), if you have questions about the studies.
There are two phases in the graduation service.
3. REVIEWING: Fill and send the graduation application via your doctoral study right in Peppi. Link to the graduation application can be found in the top menu in Peppi. Please wait until you get a notification that you can send your application for finalizing.
- Note that the same graduation application is used for all degrees, so some questions may not be applicable for doctoral degree.
4. FINALIZING: Check that all information related to graduation is correct and send the application for finalizing. Please note that the graduation day is different from the delivery day of the degree certificate.
5. After all your information has been processed, you will get a notification of the acceptance and confirmation of the graduation date. You can also follow the graduation phases in Peppi.
Graduates from the University of Oulu will receive the official degree certificate in an electronic format from August 2022 onwards.
Download the electronic degree certificate as soon as you get information about completed certification. The certificate is usually available for downloading for one month.
In order to receive the degree certificate, the doctoral researcher must be enrolled as a “present” at the university for the semester.
Doctoral degree graduation days in 2023 are:
Graduation day depends on the meeting timetables of the doctoral programme committees. Check the meeting dates of your Doctoral Programme Committee!