Book an appointment
Meetings are confidential and last approximately 45 minutes. There are usually 1-5 sessions per student. The service is free of charge for the University of Oulu students. The objectives for the sessions will be agreed upon during the first session. They could be some of the followig:
- To clarify the student's overall life situation
- To develop studying skills
- To increase student’s activity
- To discover new patterns for thinking and acting
Appointment requests (Note! The form opens in Finnish first, but you can change the language in English in the top right corner of the page).
Study psychologists: Pia Partanen and Pauliina Junnikkala, Study Psychologist trainee Saara Kuusisto.
Please notice that according to the instructions given by the University of Oulu, the distance between persons is increased in all activities in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus epidemic. Therefore, guidance will be done remotely until otherwise notified. Remote control can be done via Teams or by phone.
For other than study related issues: please contact the Finnish Student Health Services (FSHS) for an appointment.
Acute help & crise situations:
- Oulun kriisikeskus (Oulu Crisis Center) offers short term counselling and guidance in crises for anyone living or staying in Finland. Call 044 3690 500 (Mon-Fri 9am-2pm).
- Oulun mielenterveyspäivystys (Oulu Mental health service). Call 044 703 5940 (Mon-Thu 8am–4pm, Fri 8am–3pm).
- Oulu University Hospital: for acute psychiatric help call 08 315 2655.
- University Chaplain
- The National Crisis Hotline. Discuss your thoughts, feelings and situation in life with a worker or a trained volunteer over the phone.
Learn how to learn and feel better! The goal of this online course is to create tools in your toolkit to help your studies progress and increase your study wellbeing. You will get feedback on your progress from the study psychologists.
Course themes: study techniques, time management, motivation, study related self-image and self-esteem, stress management.
Participation: You can complete the course independently on Moodle. Evaluation: Approved/Rejected. If you wish, you can ask the course teacher for a certificate of attendance. You can also complete only a certain part of the course.
- Course title: studyskills
- Course key: studyskills2021
Study with me!
Does studying alone feel miserable? Do you need rhythm for your studies? Is it difficult to get started?
Come study together with study psychologist in a virtual learning environment. At the same time, you get to try out how working with Pomodoro (timer) feels. During the meeting, everyone works independently on their own work. Study psychologist will rhythmize the study with the help of a timer. Studying takes place via Zoom, you can attend without registering.
- Time: on Fridays from 10:00 to 11:30
- 26.3., 1.4 (Thursday), 9.4., 16.4., 23.4., 30.4., 7.5., 14.5.
- Participation link