When to contact a study psychologist?
You can book an appointment with a study psychologists if:
- You are enrolled as a student at the University of Oulu or UniOGS or if you are an exchange student (the services are not available to Open University students).
- If other student adviser services have not been of enough help.
You can contact a study psychologist if you need help with:
- Being stuck with your studies or thesis
- Study skills
- Motivation issues
- Coping with study related stress
- Returning to studies after a long break
- Learning disabilities
Study psychologists: Pauliina Junnikkala, Saara Kuusisto, Hanna-Liisa Kärsämä, Kersti Lantto and Aino Kärpänniemi (BA in Psychology).
To book an appointment with a study psychologist, send a secure email:
- Send the message from your university email (email@example.com).
- Type the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Type the whole string, do not pick the address from your address book or message history.
- Only include the following information in your email:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- As a title information of how you wish the appointment to take place: at campus or remotely (via Teams), or whether both options are ok.
Please make sure not to include any health related information (such as diagnoses) in your email. The recipient gets a link through which she/he/they can read the message. Study psychologists shall go through new appointment requests once a week, after which you will be contacted via secure email. If you don’t delete the email message, it will remain at the securemail.oulu.fi server for 30 days. You can reply to secure mail, and your outgoing email message will also be encrypted.
Confirm the time by replying to message within three days. After that, the unconfirmed time is freed up for another student. Study psychologist guidance is popular, so please cancel the booked time no later than 24 hours before the meeting. Uncancelled times are counted as used appointment times. There are 1 to 5 appointments per student / degree program.
If you need a recommendation on individual study arrangements, please read more information from Accessibility in Studies page.
Group and workshops
Other events and activities
Study Skills Moodle course
Learn how to learn and feel better! The goal of this online course is to create tools in your toolkit to help your studies progress and increase your study well-being. You will get feedback on your progress from the study psychologists. Course themes: study techniques, time management, motivation, procrastination and stress management. You can complete the course independently on Moodle.
- Course name: Study skills
- Course key: studyskills23-24
Everyday Acceptance Moode course
Strengthen your psychological flexibility and stress management skills with the Everyday acceptance Moodle course. The course is based on the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). You will get feedback on your progress from the study psychologists. Course themes: thoughts and emotions, values, mindfulness, self-compassion and acceptance. You can complete the course independently on Moodle.
- Course name: Everyday Acceptance
- Course key: accept2023