Degree students (Bachelor or Master) of the University of Oulu can apply for a personal grant for training completed outside Europe that is a part of their major subject studies. Also practical training in those European countries that are not included in the Erasmus program is possible. Amount of the grant is EUR 2 000 € per student in total. When the internship is paid, the university grant is discretionarily granted.
Number of grants is limited. Apply during the application period on 13 Jan 2020 - 31 May 2020.
The student is eligible to apply for the grant if:
- The training will last at least 2 months and student receives at least 5 credits of the training
- The training is a part of the studies (The contents of the training have been approved by the student’s degree programme)
- The student is actively registered in the University during the internship period
- The student will not receive any other financial support for the training from the University or CIMO (Organisation for International Mobility and Cooperation)
- The student has not previously completed a training period supported by the University (exception Erasmus program).
A prerequisite for being awarded the grant is that the student submits a final report in SoleMove and the accrediting of the internship will be done within 1 month after the internship. Grant will be paid in two parts: 80 % in the beginning of internship period and the rest 20 % after the reporting and accrediting.
The training period must be started in 2019. The grant will be paid to student bank account after the internship period has started.
The grant is not retrospectively granted after the internship has started. The training position must be acquired before applying for the grant. Application with an enclosure must be filled in SoleMOVE.
- Certificate to show that the training will be accredited to the studies (Confirmation of internship). The student must fill in the form and have it undersigned by the person (from the student’s respective major subject) who will accredit the training to the studies.
- Traineeship Agreement (Traineeship Agreement Outside Europe). The agreement needs to be signed by all parties.
The application period: 13.1.2020– 31.05.2020. Applications will be handled within 2 weeks.
Last updated: 15.1.2020