- Circular economy
- Resources management
- Recovery of critical materials
- Waste management and recovery infrastructure
- Electronic waste, WEEE
488505A Waste Management and Recycling
488203S Industrial Ecology
488206S Sustainable Energy Project
488221S Environmental Load of Industry
Tutor teacher 2018-2021
- Ylä-Mella, Jenni; Pongrácz, Eva (2016) Drivers and constraints of critical materials recycling: The case of Indium. - Resources 5 (4), 34 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Ylä-Mella, Jenni (2015) Strengths and challenges in the Finnish waste electrical and electronic equipment recovery system : Consumers’ perceptions and participation. - Acta Universitatis Ouluensis. Series C, Technica 548. Oulu. Artikkeliväitöskirja. 112, . [Original]
- Ylä-Mella, Jenni; Keiski, Riitta L.; Pongrácz, Eva (2015) Electronic waste recovery in Finland : Consumers’ perceptions towards recycling and re-use of mobile phones. - Waste Management 45, 374-384 . [Original]
- Ylä-Mella, Jenni; Poikela, Kari; Lehtinen, Ulla; Tanskanen, Pia; Román, Elisabeth; Keiski, Riitta L; Pongrácz, Eva (2014) Overview of the WEEE Directive and its implementation in the Nordic countries: national realisations and best practices. - Journal of Waste Management 2014, 18, ID 457372 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Ylä-Mella, Jenni; Poikela, Kari; Lehtinen, Ulla; Keiski, Riitta L.; Pongrácz, Eva (2014) Implementation of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive in Finland : Evaluation of the collection network and challenges of the effective WEEE management. - Resources, conservation and recycling 86, 38-46 . [Original]
- Ylä-Mella, Jenni (2012) The impact of the WEEE and RoHS directives. Development of a WEEE Recovery Infrastructure in Finland. Lisensiaatintyö. 64, 73 s.
Noora Karoliina Hietala: The impact of the changes in the treatment process of construction and demolition waste and mixed waste on the operation of Kiertokaari Ltd (2018, In Finnish)
The aim of this Diploma Thesis was to study the operations of Kiertokaari Ltd.'s waste separation arena (LARE) by using material flow analysis and evaluate alternative operations models for possible cooperation with Oulun Energia. The economic evaluation was carried out for three skenarios as well as alternative waste volumes and handling fees.
Janne Jääskä: Techno-economic evaluation of centralized and decentralized waste separation solutions to increase MSW recycling rates in the operational area of Oulu Waste Management Ltd. (2016)
The objective of this Diploma thesis was to map the different alternatives for increasing MSW recycling rates in the operational area of Oulu Waste Management Ltd. and assess the selected centralized and decentralized waste separation solutions based on cost, implementation time and effectiveness estimates.
Kayode Adekunle Oloko: Evaluation of improvement priorities for a municipal solid waste management in Ogun State, Nigeria using experiences from Finland (2016)
The objective of this Diploma Thesis was to evaluate the improvement priorities for MSW management in Ogun State, Nigeria by using waste management experiences and legislation from Finland. The thesis was aimed at planning a MSWM framework that applies the bottom-up approach for Ogun state and could be applicable to other developing cities.