Senior Research Fellow
Water and wastewater treatment processes and technologies, Nature based solutions, sewer network assessment
Dr. Elisangela Heiderscheidt's research focuses on water and wastewater treatment systems and processes including the use of nature-based solutions for water pollution control and resources recovery. She has more than 15 years of experience in wastewater treatment and holds a Docent title in Wastewater Engineering from the University of Oulu. The several projects in her portfolio attest for her extensive experience in project management and fund acquisition.
- Climate Impact of Sanitation in Finland (CIS-Fin) MVTT, 2023-2026
- The Future of Nature-Based Wastewater Treatment Solutions: Hybrid Microbial Electrochemical Technology Constructed Wetlands. MVTT, 2021-2023
- Removal of nutrients and microplastics in treatment wetlands purifying sewage water in cold climate regions (RaMiKo), ERDF, 2019-2022,
- Small-scale wastewater treatment systems: governance, efficiency, resources recovery, environment contamination risks and innovative solutions for processes optimization (ON-SITE), EU Interreg Nord, 2019-2022,
- Water management for sustainable use and protection of peatlands (WATERPEAT). Water JPI. 2019-2023.
- Nutrient availability and losses and risk of micro-pollutant contamination from the land spreading of chemically precipitated sewage sludge (NutriSludge). MVTT, 2018-2021
- Bioengineering of systems for the removal of micropollutants in small-scale wastewater treatment systems (BioAug). MVTT, 2019-2023
- Digitization of Water Utilities: Wastewater network data management and innovative applications (WWDATA). ERDF, 2020-2022,
- Wastewater treatment, nature-based solutions, water pollution control, environmental impact assessment, resources recovery
University of Oulu