Water and wastewater treatment processes and technologies, water resources management, sewer network assessment
Vesi-, energia- ja ympäristötekniikka
Dr. Elisangela Heiderscheidt's research focuses on water and wastewater treatment processes and systems including the use of nature-based solutions for water pollution control and resources recovery. She has more than 15 years of experience in wastewater treatment and holds a Docent title in Wastewater Engineering from the University of Oulu. The several projects in her portfolio assure extensive experience in project management.
- The Future of Nature-Based Wastewater Treatment Solutions: Hybrid Microbial Electrochemical Technology Constructed Wetlands. MVTT, 2021-2023
- Removal of nutrients and microplastics in treatment wetlands purifying sewage water in cold climate regions (RaMiKo), ERDF, 2019-2022,
- Small-scale wastewater treatment systems: governance, efficiency, resources recovery, environment contamination risks and innovative solutions for processes optimization (ON-SITE), EU Interreg Nord, 2019-2022,
- Water management for sustainable use and protection of peatlands (WATERPEAT). Water JPI. 2019-2022.
- Nutrient availability and losses and risk of micro-pollutant contamination from the land spreading of chemically precipitated sewage sludge (NutriSludge). MVTT, 2018-2021
- Bioengineering of systems for the removal of micropollutants in small-scale wastewater treatment systems (BioAug). MVTT, 2019-2021
- Digitization of Water Utilities: Wastewater network data management and innovative applications (WWDATA). ERDF, 2020-2022,
University of Oulu