The BCO Virus Core laboratory (contact persons) is a fully equipped Biosafety Level 2 cell-culture laboratory. We provide:
- CRISPR gene modification
o CRISPR Feasibility
• Feasibility of a cell line for CRISPR gene knockout modification by lentiviral transduction
o CRISPR Knockout
• Generation of a CRISPR/Cas9- modified cell line
- Viral vectors
o Lentivirus vector
• Generation of recombinant lentivirus
o Retrovirus vector
• Generation of recombinant retrovirus
o Adenovirus vector
• Generation of recombinant adenovirus
2) Laboratory facilities, training and scientific consultation in virus technologies and an easy and cost-effective start for virus-based gene expression and gene-silencing studies.
All the necessary reagents, consumables and molecular tools are available for retroviral (MuLV), lentiviral and adenoviral gene transfer approaches. We also help in designing custom-made viral RNA interference (RNAi) gene-silencing constructs and CRISPR-based gene KO constructs and in planning genetic manipulation of mouse embryonic stem cells and/or generation of lenti-transgenic mouse models.
The Virus Core laboratory is accessible to trained users at any time. It contains two laminar hoods bookable via Asimov reservation system Laminar 1 and Laminar 2. A high-quality Zeiss inverted fluorescence microscope equipped with a sensitive camera and a standard stereomicroscope are available for imaging. Purification and concentration of viral vectors can be carried out by ultracentrifugation or FPLC chromatography. An Ultra-low-temperature freezer is provided for users to allow storage of viral preparations at the BCO Virus Core laboratory.
Aki Manninen, Ph.D.,
Last updated: 15.11.2018