Master's in Sustainable Marketing
Sustainable Marketing, Master's programme in Marketing
Duration of studies
Next application period
Top reasons to study Sustainable Marketing
- Sustainability and responsibility are cross-cutting themes in all courses, and teaching is based on high-quality research.
- Studies offer a comprehensive understanding of the role of marketing in advancing environmental, social, and economic aspects of sustainable development in the renewing and fast changing business environment.
- You get to widely develop your marketing expertise in its key areas such as branding, digital marketing, business-to-business marketing, and service management in close collaboration with companies, especially startups.
- Programme prepares you well for diverse marketing positions that require creativity, understanding of people and development of more responsible business practices.
- An internationally comparable degree in Economics and Business Administration from an AACSB accredited business school enables you to apply for work within the EU and globally.
Become a marketer with sustainability expertise
At the Oulu Business School, the main focus in marketing education and research is on branding, digital business, relationships and networks between companies, service marketing, procurement and logistics, selling and consumer behavior.
Sustainable Marketing master's programme emphasises ethical and sustainable perspectives on business and offers a comprehensive understanding of the environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainable development in an interconnected world.
Students develop not only their professional capabilities but also their abilities in applying scientific knowledge to the practice of marketing. Graduates are therefore well-equipped to apply for positions in the business life as well as continue their academic careers.
“My studies include an in-depth look into servitisation, strategic marketing practice, organizational buying behavior, consumer behavior, supply chain management, and digital marketing within global markets. Thus, when I graduate, I will master a combination of relevant skills in the latest marketing knowledge, practices and technologies.” – Amiira
Core skills and competence
Students will gain a deep understanding of customer value and relevant marketing processes across organisations and individuals, specifically in growth venture and start-up company contexts.
After completing their master's degree in Sustainable Marketing students are able to produce novel marketing knowledge for the needs of businesses and organisations, manage marketing operations, apply marketing concepts, set goals and communicate using a conceptual mindset.
During their studies the students will develop their communication, leadership and team-working skills in an international study environment. Teaching in the marketing programme is based on internationally recognised, high-quality research and is carried out in close cooperation with the business community.
Programme structure and courses
Occupational profiles of the graduates
Graduates are well-equipped in applying scientific knowledge to the practice of marketing. They can continue their academic careers or find positions in the business life under various titles such as:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Key Account Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Marketing Planner
- Sales Manager
- Project Manager
- Head of Supply Chain Management
- Content Creator
- Growth Hacker
- Customer Experience Manager.
Welcome to Oulu Business School
Only roughly five percent of the world’s business schools have fulfilled the AACSB quality standards. The Oulu Business School is one of the first Nordic business schools to earn this international business accreditation.
Chat with UniOulu Ambassador
Our student ambassadors are happy to share their study experience with you on three weekdays, Tuesday to Thursday at 2-4 pm UTC+3.
You can start chatting with us by clicking the chat button available on the right side of this page. Remember to accept functional cookies to allow the chat to appear.