For these services, please contact the core personnel.
- iPS cells
- Isolation of ES cells
- Ovary transfer
- Importing of mouse lines
- Shipping of mouse lines
- Microscope slide scanning service
- Visiopharm image analysis software
Microscope slide scanning service and image analysis software
The scanner is located at BCO TG-core facilities in lab 478B, 4th floor in Kieppi building.
For further information, please contact TG core personnel:
reetta.vuolteenaho(at)oulu.fi, salla.kangas(at)oulu.fi, anne.heikkinen(at)oulu.fi
Hamamatsu NanoZoomer S60 slide scanner
- NanoZoomer S60 slide scanner is for scanning histological specimen
- Scanner capacity at one run is 60 slides (or 20 double sized slides)
- 20x and 40x modes
- Price: 50 cents/slide in 2020
- At the moment, the images will be delivered by using FileSender, or they can be stored to external hard drive/memory stick
- Mount with permanent mounting media and let dry at least 24 hours
- Coverslip must not protrude over the edge of the slide at all
- Slides should be cleaned of excess mounting media
- No text or other markings in the scanning area (interferes with autofocus)
- No broken slides or coverslips -> they can damage the scanner!
- Please, include an excel file with the names of the slides (in the same order in which you have given them)
Viewing and exporting the images
- You can view your scanned slides and export images using free software NDP.view2, freely available at Hamamatsu homepage and in Software Center for UNIV-computers.
Visiopharm image analysis software
- For quantification of tissue properties using image analysis
- Analysis Protocol Packages (APPs) can be used to do automated analysis protocol to the sample
- APPs can be self-made or they can be purchased from Visiopharm APP center
Last updated: 30.3.2020