For new degree students
Starting your studies
Get the best possible start for your journey at UniOulu by attending our Welcome to Oulu webinars and the Orientation Week at the start of the autumn semester. For more information about the webinars and Orientation, please click the link below.
Important dates for accepted students
In order to confirm your study place at UniOulu, please make sure that you follow the steps detailed below. More detailed instructions are available on the Deadlines page.
1. March 2022 (as soon as possible)
Apply for residence permit and Finnish personal identity code as soon as you have received your admission letter. See instructions on Migri’s webpage.
3. 31 May, 2022
Pay the tuition fee through EduStore. For more information, please see Tuition fees and scholarships page.
4. 15 July, 2022 at 15.00/3pm (GMT+3)
Confirm your study place electronically in Studyinfo and register to the university.
5. 15 July, 2022 (Bachelor's) at 15.00/3pm (GMT+3)
29 July, 2022 (Master's) at 15.00/3pm (GMT+3)
Deadline for submitting final certificate for Bachelor's and Master's students graduating in spring/summer 2022.
If you are graduating in Spring/Summer 2021, submit the officially certified copies of your final degree documents. If you are graduating in the spring/summer 2022, your acceptance for studies is conditional until your final certificate is checked.
Things to do before arriving
- Find out more information on arriving and settling in and searching for an apartment
- Healthcare fee for degree students and how to pay it
- Activate your student account
- Pay the student union fee, and activate your student card
- Check out the orientation week schedules
- Download Tuudo mobile application and follow the news channel for new students.
- Download Oulu Campus Navigator.
- Upon your arrival to Oulu, present your original degree documents to Academic Affairs.
Studying and living in Oulu
Follow the links below and find out what makes the University of Oulu a unique place to study and Oulu a great student city. You can also read about the experiences of UniOulu Ambassadors. Who knows, maybe you'll be one them in the future.