For new degree students
Join our IGTV live sessions
Join our Instagram live sessions on @unioulu IGTV and you will receive information on what to do next, in order to get a smooth landing towards your new study place. Our student and alumni from different parts of the world and fields of study come together to share their experiences and tips on studies, student life, and other practical matters for international students.:
- 6 May at 3pm (GMT+3) Welcome to UniOulu: People of Oulu
- 13 May at 3pm (GMT+3) Welcome to UniOulu: Nature and surroundings
- 20 May at 3pm (GMT+3) Welcome to UniOulu: Student health and well-being
- 27 May at 3pm (GMT+3) Welcome to UniOulu: Leisure time and Student organizations
- 3 June at 3pm (GMT+3) Welcome to UniOulu: UniOulu Ambassador Programme
Watch the recordings of our previous live sessions:
- 18 March: Welcome to UniOulu: Webinar for newly admitted students (Information about e.g. important deadlines, how to apply for residence permit and housing.)
- 1 April: Welcome to UniOulu: Studies in Oulu
- 8 April: Welcome to UniOulu: Life and four seasons in Oulu
- 15 April: Welcome to UniOulu: How to get to and about in Oulu
- 22 April: Welcome to UniOulu: Traineeships and working alongside studies in Oulu
Starting your studies
The Academic Year 2021-2022 kicks off August 30 with an orientation week for new students.
To find out, how the coronavirus situation effects to the arrangements of studies, see the latest coronavirus instructions at the University of Oulu.
Things to do before arriving
The following check list guides you through everything you need to do before arriving:
- Key deadlines to follow for getting started
March (as soon as possible) Apply for residence permit and Finnish personal identity code. See instructions on Migri’s webpage. 30 April 2021, 3pm (GMT +3) Verify your educational documents. Follow general document requirements (Certified copies for conditional admission) and country specific requirements. 30 May 2021 Pay the tuition fee. Information regarding Tuition fees and scholarships. 16 July 2021, by 3pm (GMT +3) Confirm your study place electronically in Studyinfo and register to the university. 16 July 2021, 3pm (GMT +3) Bachelor's students: If you are graduating on Spring/Summer 2021, submit your final degree documents 30 July 2021, 3pm (GMT +3) Master's students: If you are graduating on Spring/Summer 2021, submit your final degree documents
- Find out more information on arriving and settling in and searching for an apartment
- Healthcare fee for degree students and how to pay it
- Activate your student account
- Pay the student union fee, and activate your student card
- Check out the orientation week schedules
- Download Tuudo mobile application and follow the news channel for new students.
- Download Oulu Campus Navigator.
- Upon your arrival to Oulu, present your original degree documents to Academic Affairs.
Studying and living in Oulu
Find out what makes University of Oulu unique place to study.