- System level issues in future wireless systems
- Radio resource management (RRM) research with special focus on resource allocation and interference management for multiuser MIMO cellular systems with limited inter-node coordination.
- Resource allocation, interference management and beamforming in dynamic TDD and full duplex networks
- Robust high bandwidth mmWave communications for cellular access, as well as, for wearables and industrial IoT solutions
- Multiantenna interference management for coded caching
Antti Tölli (M'08, SM'14) is an Associate Professor with the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC), University of Oulu. He received the Dr.Sc. (Tech.) degree in electrical engineering from the University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland, in 2008. From 1998 to 2003, he worked at Nokia Networks as a Research Engineer and Project Manager both in Finland and Spain. In May 2014, he was granted a five year (2014-2019) Academy Research Fellow post by the Academy of Finland. During the academic year 2015-2016, he visited at EURECOM, Sophia Antipolis, France, while from August 2018 till June 2019 he was visiting at the University of California Santa Barbara, USA. He has authored numerous papers in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences and several patents all in the area of signal processing and wireless communications. His research interests include radio resource management and transceiver design for broadband wireless communications with a special emphasis on distributed interference management in heterogeneous wireless networks. He is currently serving as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
Currently (co-)supervising 6 doctoral students
M.Sc. Jarkko Kaleva (2018), M.Sc. Ganesh Venkatraman (2018) and M.Sc. Hossein Asgharimoghaddam (2018), M.Sc. Praneeth Jayasinghe (2018), M.Sc. Antti Arvola (2019), Ayswarya Padmanabhan (2020) out of which five as a principal supervisor.
- Academy Research Fellow, Docent, CWC Radio Technologies (CWC-RT)
- Venkatraman, Ganesh; Tölli, Antti; Juntti, Markku; Tran, Le-Nam (2016) Traffic Aware Resource Allocation Schemes for Multi-Cell MIMO-OFDM Systems. - IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 64 (11), 2730-2745 . [Original]
- Tervo, Oskari; Tölli, Antti; Juntti, Markku; Le-Nam Tran (2017) Energy-Efficient Beam Coordination Strategies With Rate-Dependent Processing Power. - IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 65 (22), 6097-6112 .
- Kaleva, Jarkko; Tölli, Antti; Juntti, Markku (2016) Decentralized Sum Rate Maximization With QoS Constraints for Interfering Broadcast Channel Via Successive Convex Approximation. - IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 64 (11), 2788-2802 . [Original]
- Komulainen, Petri; Tölli, Antti; Juntti, Markku (2013) Effective CSI signaling and decentralized beam coordination in TDD multi-cell MIMO systems. - IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 61 (9), 2204-2218 . [Original]
- Venkatraman, Ganesh; Tölli, Antti; Juntti, Markku; Le-Nam Tran (2017) Multigroup Multicast Beamformer Design for MISO-OFDM With Antenna Selection. - IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 65 (22), 5832-5847 .
- Pennanen, Harri; Tölli, Antti; Kaleva, Jarkko; Komulainen, Petri; Latva-aho, Matti (2016) Decentralized Linear Transceiver Design and Signaling Strategies for Sum Power Minimization in Multi-Cell MIMO Systems. - IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 64 (7), 1729-1743 . [Original]
D.Sc. Petri Komulainen, ”Coordinated multi-antenna techniques for cellular networks : Pilot signaling and decentralized optimization in TDD mode”, (Nov 2013, co-supervised with Prof. M. Juntti)
Now with Mediatek Inc, Finland. Link to the Dissertation.
D.Sc. Xiaojia Lu, ”Resource allocation in uplink coordinated multicell MIMO-OFDM systems with 3D channel models” (Dec 2013, co-supervised with Prof. M. Juntti)
Now with Huawei, Sweden. Link to the Dissertation.
D.Sc. Valtteri Tervo, ”Joint multiuser power allocation and iterative multi-antenna receiver design” (May 2015, co-supervisors Profs. T. Matsumoto, M. Juntti)
Now with Nokia, Finland. Link to the Dissertation.
D.Sc. Harri Pennanen, ”Coordinated beamforming in cellular and cognitive radio networks” (Sept 2015, co-supervised with M. Latva-aho)
Now with University of Oulu, Finland. Link to the Dissertation.
Visiting scholar at EURECOM Institut, France– 1.10.2015 - 1.6.2016
Research visit hosted by Prof. David Gesbert and funded by the Academy of Finland
Research visit at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST)– 1.2.2010 - 1.3.2010
invited by Prof. Tadashi Matsumoto