How to apply NFBC data? General instructions
I Permission to analyse the data
- Fill in the material data request in the Material request portal (Greip) (see instructions).
- Attach a list of variables (Excel file and with the details indicated in the Downloadable variables list for the data collection in question) and a research plan (max 2 pages). In the research describe clearly the aims or the research and the relevant exposure, outcome and confounders variables.
- Submit the request (or Save to be submitted later).
- Once the final decision regarding the material request has been made, all contact persons be notified of the decision by email.
- For granted request the researcher will receive notification when the data has been compiled.
- It the request is granted conditionally, plese inform NFBCprojectcenter (at) oulu.fi once the conditions have been met.
- To access the data via NFBC portal, a Univ-account of University of Oulu is needed (see instructions on how to apply)
- Data transfer agreement (DTA) will be asked when the material request is granted if the data will be analysed outside University of Oulu.
II Permission to publish the data
- Before submitting you work to be published we ask you to send your manuscript for review.
- Fill in the material request in the Material request portal (Greip) (see instructions) and choose Publication.
- Indicate in the form the number of your original material request.
- Attach the manuscript.
New researches joining your ongoing project
If you want to add new researchers to an already approved project, please send an email to the address NFBCprojectcenter (at) oulu.fi. Information needed: the number of the project the researcher will be joined, the researcher's name, institute, e-mail address. The researcher must have an University of Oulu account (Univ) to be able to access the project folder at NFBC portal.
Contact persons for the NFBC1966 data collection regarding specific research themes
Access to the Material request Portal
How to access the project folder at NFBC portal
Instructions for evaluators
Data transfer agreement (DTA)
Material transfer agreement (MTA)