The University of Oulu is committed to promote equality and diversity in all its operations. The Faculty Equality and Diversity Workgroups develop operating methods and structures that can be applied to equality and diversity work throughout the University. In addition the workgroups conduct accessibility work.
Members of the Faculty Equality and Diversity Workgroup
The members of the Equality and Diversity Workgroup in Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Education and Oulu Business School for 2019 - 2021 are:
- Sanna Huikari, Postdoctoral Research Fellow (OBS), Chair
- Eetu Pikkarainen, University Lecturer (FEdu), Secretary
- Markku Pulkkinen, University Lecturer (OBS)
- Tuija Huuki, Academy of Finland Research Fellow (FEdu)
- Maija Saviniemi, University Lecturer (FHum)
- Marjatta Jomppanen, University Lecturer (FHum)
- Mirja Mustapirtti, Student (Student Union), substitute member Kakula Wandi, Student (Student Union)
The Organisation of Equality and Diversity Work at the University of Oulu
- The University management promotes and monitors the realisation of the equality and diversity plan.
- The Equality and Diversity Committee develops and provides information about equality and diversity matters, in addition to being primarily responsible for the development and monitoring of accessibility work related to equality.
- The three Faculty Equality and Diversity Workgroups develop operating methods and structures that can be applied to equality and diversity work throughout the University. In addition to this, the workgroups also conduct accessibility work.
- The Student Union and the student societies operating under it promote students’ awareness of equality and diversity matters. › Equality and diversity matters are also related to the duties of the labour protection organisation and the student welfare workgroup, among others.
The purpose of work on equality and diversity is to promote equality and prevent discrimination on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, country of origin, language, disability or other similar factors. Equality also includes accessibility.
More information: Equality and diversity work
Last updated: 15.5.2020