- soil redox processes
- greenhouse gas emissions and greenhouse gas metabolizing microbes
- microbial community studies
- (sub-)arctic ecology
- mine wastewaters
- horse riding
- cooking & baking
- Palmer, Drake, Horn. 2009. Genome-derived criteria for assigning environmental narG and nosZ sequences to operational taxonomic units of nitrate reducers. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 75:5170-5174.
- Palmer, Drake, Horn. 2010. Association of novel and highly diverse acid-tolerant denitrifiers with N2O fluxes of an acidic fen. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 76:1125-1134.
- Palmer, Biasi, Horn. 2011. Contrasting denitrifier communities relate to contrasting N2O emission patterns from acidic peat soils in arctic tundra. ISME Journal 6: 1058-1077.
- Palmer, Horn. 2012. Actinobacterial nitrate reducers and Proteobacterial denitrifiers are abundant in N2Ometabolizing palsa peat. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 78:5584.
- Palmer, Ronkanen, Klöve. Efficient removal of arsenic, antimony and nickel from mine wastewaters in Northern treatment peatlands and potential risks in their long-term use. Ecological Engineering, in press.
- Palmer, Horn. Denitrification activity of a remarkably diverse fen denitrifier community in Finnish Lapland is N-oxide limited. In revision in PLoS One.
Last updated: 19.12.2014