Research Unit of History, Culture and Communications
The Research Unit combines the expertise of archaeology, cultural anthropology, information studies, history as well as the history of sciences and ideas. These disciplines provide Master programmes and function as major subjects for students in the faculty. Within the RU, there are several research groups with different topics and objectives, yet united in their focus on issues related to health, well-being and environment. Thus, research conducted in the unit is closely linked to the University's focus area Understanding Humans in change.
- Archaeology, Prof. Vesa-Pekka Herva
- History of Sciences and Ideas (Philosophy), Prof. Petteri Pietikäinen
- History (Languages and cultures of Antiquity, Art history), Prof. Kari Alenius
- Information Studies, University Lecturer Terttu Kortelainen
- Cultural Anthropology, Prof. Hannu I. Heikkinen