Research Unit of History, Culture and Communications
Research in this unit is focused on analysis of communicative, cultural and historical development of societies from different perspectives. It is multidisciplinary and combines strong areas from different disciplines, which in the unit consist of history, archaeology, cultural anthropology and information studies.
- Archaeology, Prof. Vesa-Pekka Herva
- History of Sciences and Ideas (Philosophy), Prof. Petteri Pietikäinen
- History (languages of Antiquity, art history), Prof. Kari Alenius
- Information Studies, University Lecturer Terttu Kortelainen
- Cultural Anthropology, Prof. Hannu I. Heikkinen