The main aim of this project is to contribute to a more healthy diet in a changing Arctic through bringing scientists and stakeholders from Norway, Finland and Russia together.
We will map status on healthy diet, on successful cases and on preferences from stakeholders. A specific focus will be on local food culture and food, alcohol as a part of eating habits, and food wastage in the Artic.
Understanding how Nordic and Artic foods and diet can contribute to a healthier lifestyle is of the utmost importance for preventing lifestyle induced diseases as well as in combating diet-related conditions.
The main activities in the project are workshops with scientists and stakeholder participation, sharing successful cases and carrying out a survey on people’s experiences and perceptions about food lifestyle issues, traditional diets, alcohol consumption and food waste as well as their views on future development.
- Helgesen, Hilde; Rautio, Arja; Piippo, Sari; Pongrácz, Eva; Golubeva, Elena; Soloviev, Andrey; Grini, Ida Synnøve Bårvåg; Themistoklis, Altintzoglou (2017) Healthy living, nutrition and food waste in the Barents region, Nibio Research Report 3(12)2017.
- Nutritional recommendations in Finland
- Food services for schools and elderly in Oulu: Oulun serviisi
- Diversifying protein sources and improve protein self-sufficiency in Finland: ScenoProt strategic project
- Sustainable eating and reducing food wastage - in Finnish
Project duration: 8/2015-8/2017
Funding: Nordic Council of Ministers Arctic Cooperation Programme
Last updated: 6.11.2019