Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit (LET) provides minor subject studies in Educational Technology to students at the University of Oulu.
This minor will help you in your studies if you are majoring in Humanities, Teacher Training, Business studies and related feilds. With this minor you will be able to design, use and implement Technology Enhanced Environments needed in your classrooms, workshops or even during presentations. Based on state of the art research on TEL conducted at the LET research Unit, you will be exposed to the latest trends in technological tools and their contribution to contemporary learning theories like Collaborative Learning, Self-Regulated Learning and Learning of Expertise. Join us and gain theoratical and hands on experience through our four courses below.
Minor subject studies (25 ects) set up the foundations for the studies in Learning, Education and Technology. The studies are also open for other bachelor and master level students interested in developing their expertise in the contents of learning and educational technology. In this programme, the students pursue their studies as a part of a multicultural group to learn the basics of learning sciences and technology-enhanced learning. One of the aims is to know how to apply this theoretical knowledge in different educational settings in a strong connection to working life. Collaboration, self-regulation and technology-enhanced learning are key elements of the minor studies both in theory and in practise.
After completion of the introductory studies in Learning, Education and Technology (25 ects), the student is able to
- Define and explain the key concepts and theories related to the learning sciences, especially self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and technology-enhanced learning
- Apply their theoretical knowledge of learning to different educational contexts
- Use emerging technologies as teaching and learning tools, and justify their use based on current scientific knowledge about learning
- Work efficiently in teams
- Collaborative learning and problem-solving
- Self-regulated learning
- Technology-enhanced learning
- Learning environments and technologies
- Using theoretical knowledge of learning for real educational cases
REMEBER! WITH LET ... YOU WILL LIVE WHAT YOU LEARN!
Minor subject studies in 2018-2020:
- 418023P Foundations of Learning (5 ECTS)
- 418025P Learning Environments and Technologies (5 ECTS)
- 418026P Problem-solving Case 1 (10 ECTS)
- 418024P Self-Regulated Learning (5 ECTS)
Minor subject studies are provided as a part of the LET master's studies and the language of instruction is English.
For more information contact University Lecturer Essi Vuopala, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 11.6.2018