Research interests :
- Hydrology and Water resource Management
- Drought management& flood management
- Rehabilitation of Ageing Structure
- River Engineering
- Earth and Earth-Rock Dams
- Received M.Sc. in Civil Engineering from Shahid Bahonar Kerman, Iran. (With G.P.A. 16.70 from 20). Thesis: “Investigation on cause of appearing cracks in earth dams(case Study Droudzan Dam in Shiraz Iran)".
- Received B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from Power & Water University Of Technology. Tehran, Iran (With G.P.A. 15.03 from 20).
- Received Diploma in Mathematics from Molasadra High School, Shiraz,Iran,
- Design & Construction of gravity Dams in Power And Watertechnical Complex Shiraz , Iran, April 2006
- Use of GIS in water resource management in Power & Water University Of Technology. Tehran, Iran , December 2005
- Design & Construction of Arch Dams in Power And Water technical Complex Shiraz , Iran, April 2005
- Reservoir operation systems in Irrigation & Reclamation Eng. Departement, Uuniversity of Tehran, Karaj , Iran , June 2004
- Monitoring of concrete dam Instrumention, in Power &Water University Of Technology. Tehran, Iran , April 2003
- Rehabilitation & repairing of ageing engineering structure, in Power & Water University OfTechnology. Tehran, Iran , October 2002
- Operation, maintenance & control of Dams in IRCOLD Tabriz Iran January 2000.
Sports, travel and ancient history
Professional experience (pdf)
- Torabi Haghighi, A., Kløve, B., 2015. Development of optimal flow regimes for allocated environmental flow considering natural flow regimes and several surface water protection targets (Submitted in Ecological Engineering under revision).
- Mustonen, k.; Mykrä, H.; Marttila, H., Torabi Haghighi, A., Kløve, B., Aroviita, J.; Veijalainen, N; Sippel, K; Muotka, T; 2015. Defining natural flow regimes of highly seasonal boreal rivers: relationship with taxonomical and functional structure of macroinvertebrate communities (Submitted in Fresh water biology under review).
- Torabi Haghighi, A., Kløve, B., 2015. Water level response of lakes and wetlands to changes in climate and river regime (Accepted in Limnologica).
- Irannezhad, M., Torabi Haghighi, A., Chen, D., Kløve, B., 2014. Variability in dryness and wetness in central Finland and the role of teleconnection patterns. Theor Appl Climatol.
- Menberu, M.W., Torabi Haghighi, A., Ronkanen, A., Kværner, J., Kløve, B., 2014. Runoff Curve Numbers for Peat-Dominated Watersheds. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. 040, 4058-1-04014058-10.
- Torabi Haghighi, A., Marttila, H., Kløve, B., 2014. Development of a new index to assess river regime impacts after dam construction. Global Planet.Change. 122, 186-196.
- Torabi Haghighi, A., Kløve, B., 2013. Development of a general river regime index (RRI) for intra-annual flow variation based on the unit river concept and flow variation end-points. Journal of Hydrology. 503, 169-177.
- Analysis of longitudinal cracks in crest of Doroodzan dam, Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering Volume 15 D, 2010, Pages 1-11
- Comparing the real value of sediment load with the results of erosion models in Kor River, Sichuan Daxue Xuebao (Gongcheng Kexue Ban)/Journal of Sichuan University (Engineering Science Edition) Volume 41, Issue SUPPL. 2, September 2009, Pages 319-324.
- Watershed management and its effect on sedimentation in doroudzan dam, Sichuan Daxue Xuebao (Gongcheng Kexue Ban)/Journal of Sichuan University (Engineering Science Edition), Volume 41, Issue SUPPL. 2, September 2009, Pages 242-248.
Conference and seminar presentations:
- The role of geometry in environmental flow assessment, 2nd International water resources and wetlands, 11-13 September 2014, Tulcea Romania.
- Desertification Process in Bakhtegan Basin (Iran) Surface Water Ecosystems, sixth International perspective water resources and the environment (IPWE 2013 conference(ASCE), Izmir Turkey during 7-9 January 2013.
- Drought and aridity challenge in arid and semi-arid climates due to land and water use pressures, XXVII Nordic Hydrological Conference, 13-15 August 2012, Oulu, Finland.
- Rainfall intensity analysis in Central Finland, XXVII Nordic Hydrological Conference, 13-15 August 2012, Oulu, Finland.
- Dam construction and its effect on the Bakhtegan wetland in Iran, Hydro 2011 (Practical Solutions for a Sustainable Future), 17 to 19 October 2011, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Regional Flood Frequency Analysis of Fars Rivers in Iran Using New Statistical Distributions (Case Study for Ghareaghaj and Kor Rivers), EGU General Assembly 2011, Vienna, Austria.
- Impact of past and future climate variability on snowmelt hydrology in central Finland, symposium on climate change challenges in river basin management 17-19 January 2011, Oulu, Finland.
- Evaluating Morphological Variations of Kor River in Iran Using Remote Sensing, Fifth International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, July 12-16 2010, Houston, Texas, USA.
- The Use of Fournier Method and GIS in Estimating the Real Capacity of Rain Erosion, Fifth International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, July 12-16 2010, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Evaluating the effects of monthly river flow trends on Environmental Flow allocation, EGU General Assembly 2010, Vienna, Austria.
- Evaluating the Operation Problems in Doroudzan Dam, Waterpower XVI Conference, Spokane, Washington USA, July 28 – 3 2009.
- Comparing the real value of sediment load with the results of erosion models in Kor River –Iran, International symposium of iahs-pub and the 2nd international symposium of china-pub, Chengdu, Nov. 7-9, 2008.
- Using Neural Network Models to Forecast the Inflow of Doroudzan Dam – Iran, World Water congress, Monopolies, France, September 2008.
- Watershed management and its effect on sedimentation in Doroudzan dam – Iran, International symposium on sediment management (I2SM), Lile,France,July2008.
- Optimal scheduling for exploitation of reservoir and hydro power generating units of Doroudzan dam, 76th Annual meeting ICOLD, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 2008.
- Methods of Facing with Drought in Fars Province – Iran, XXIV Conference of the Danubian countries on hydrological forecasting and hydrological bases of water management, Bled, 2-4 June 2008
- Evaluating hydraulic structures in Persepolis – an ancient city in Iran, Second International Conference on Waters in Protected Area, Dubrovnik Croatia 24-28 April 2007.
- Evaluation of the Performance of Seepage Control structure, case study Doroudzan dam, professional workshop on operation, maintenance and rehabilitation of dams, Tehran, 7-8 March 2007.
- Hydraulic fracturing in earth dams, case study Doroudzan dam, professional workshop on operation, maintenance and rehabilitation of dams, Tehran, 7-8 March 2007.
- Estimating probable maximum precipitation (PMP) for Fars province in Iran using hydrometeorological method, 3rd International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management, Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany, 25-29 September 2006.
- Effect of number of layers on incremental construction earth dams, 74th Annual meeting of ICOLD, Barcelona, Spain, 18-23 June 2006.
- Analysis of real demand in Doroudzan irrigation project, First Conference in irrigation management, Ahvaz, Iran, January 2006.
- Development and Activity of minor faults in Sabzpoushan Fault zone due to hidden salt dome after Kavar Dam filling, 73rd Annual meeting of ICOLD ,Tehran, Iran,1-6 May 2005 .
- Formation of longitudinal cracks at the crest of Doroudzan Earth Dam, 4th International Conference DAM ENGINEERING, Nanjing, China, October 2004.
- Aging in Dams and how to respond to it, 1st National Seminar on Civil Engineering, Tehran, Iran, 15-17 May, 2004.
- Optimization of Hydropower plant, 1st Conference Water resource management, Tehran, Iran, 8-9 November, 2004.
- Water and development, 1st Conference Water resource management, Tehran, Iran, 8-9 November ,2004
- Investigation on cause of appearing cracks in earth dams case Study Doroudzan Dam in Shiraz Iran Proceedings of 6th International Conference Civil Engineering, Iran, Isfahan (ICCE2003), 5-7 May, Vol.5, 2003. Pp 356-361.
- Evaluation of ability of seepage control measurement in earth dams. Proceedings of 6th International Conference Civil Engineering, Iran, Isfahan (ICCE2003), 5-7 May, Vol.5, 2003. Pp 415-422.
- Optimization of Dimension of Detention Dam, 8th National Seminar on Irrigation & Evapotranspiration, Kerman, Iran,27-28 January,2004,Pp 494-500
- Investigation on Relationship between Doroudzan Crest Cracks and Variation of
- Materials used on Body of Dam, Proceedings of 3rd Iranian International Conferences Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics, Iran, Tehran, 9-11 December, Vol.3, 2002. Pp 442-446.
- Earth Seepage Control Using Grouting Curtains, Case Study on Doroudzan Earth Dam Grouting Curtain, Proceedings of 6th Symposium of Geological Society of Iran, Kerman, Iran, 27-28 Aug. 2002. Pp 333 – 338
- Flood and methods of Control, 3rd Conference civil Eng. Tehran, Iran, 8-9 November, 1996
Last updated: 20.4.2015